Monday, March 17, 2008

Broken Arm



Well it finally happened, we have had our first broken bone in the Beaumont Family. Feb. 29, turned out to be quite an eventful day. First Jaeley sounded like she was getting croup, so we took her to the Dr. to get a decadron (sorry for slottering the spelling or name) shot to help her get over it. She was NOT happy so Clint told her that he would take them to the park when I went to school. While there, Jaeley was swinging and as she was coming forward, Noah walked in front of her. Jaeley kicked him in the head and bruised him up. Later that evening, my family were all going to meet together at my parents house for dinner. I took the kids over early to see the cousins. They were having a great time when Grandpa suggested that they ride the 4-wheeler. He has a small 4-wheeler for the kids to ride, which they LOVE! He can set the throtle so that it can only be pushed so far which does not allow them to get going too fast. Sadie and Ayden took their rides and all was well until Jaeley got on. The helmet was a tad too big, but something is better than nothing! As she was coming down a small mound of grass, off she went. I'm not sure if she hit a rock or what, but the result is a trip to the E.R. then to Cedar for surgery, 2 pins in her little arm, and a cast from just below her armpit to the knuckles on her fingers. Not to mention a Mom (me) who was "freeking out" the whole time. It broke right above her elbow on her left arm. Kid bones are supposed to heal quickly, but her cast and pins will be on for just over a month. Then that is not enough, Noah came down with Jaeley's croup on Sunday, so back to the clinic we go on Mon. Needless to say I have been very busy. Jaeley had to stay home for 1 week and 4 days before she could go back to school or do too much of anything. She has to wear her sling all day long and goes back to get her cast off & pins out on April 1. It was quite the event, one in which I hope to NEVER do again. In addition to all of this chaos, Noah turned 2 on March 9. That will be another post, in hopefully not too long!

4 comments:

Marchelle said...

Goodness Jo, sounds like things are crazy for you. That sucks that she broke her arm. I keep waiting for that to happen for us too, but fortunately we have only done the stitched thing so far... You are am amazing mother and I completely would have "freaked out" too. It's our job. Happy Birthday to Noah too!

n8, Shannon, Allie, Janessa & Tommy said...

I am so sorry to hear about Jaeley. We hops she gets feeling better soon!
Amy, will you send your email address to shannonbridges@yahoo.com?

Anonymous said...

No way, Amy, I have been thinkinf of you so much lately. I'm so glad you found my blog. I'm new to it all as well. Yea, we get to keep in touch again. I miss you guys. Your kids are so darling. Sorry about the broken arm, bless her heart. I hope she's doing better. I'm sure we aren't far from a broken 'something" with my little boys. I'm dreading the day. I'll tag your blog and keep checking it often. Tell Clint hi from us.

stefanie said...

OH my heavens...that sounds like an awful day! Poor Jaeley! She looks cute as ever in her pic though! Hope everything has calmed down now!